(Source: joowonie, via joowonie)
THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Until, this is taught in schools everywhere- “history class” is merely a racism propaganda course.
Things to marinate on this “holiday” weekend
(Source: blood148, via alifeyouloathe)
Daniel Radcliffe and Dane DeHaan on the sex scene [in Kill Your Darlings] that made headlines +
(Source: igperish, via kawaiicums)
Something that annoys me orca-wise is when I see pictures of:
That’s an aquatic mammal. It lives in the water. It’s built for the water.
Why is it on a stage, out of the water? Doing a pose?
I’m pretty sure the answer is “so people can see it”, right?
(Source: 9heartofgold6, via onlycatgifs)
It’s October! Black cats are often associated with being spooky, but this means they have a negative stereotype associated with them.
Some people take the color of the cat into heavy consideration when looking for a new companion. This also goes for dogs! It’s a sad fact that black dogs and cats have a hard time finding homes.
To celebrate the awesomeness of black kitties, we would like to do a little showcase of black adoptable kitties! We also want to adopt to some shelters that are taking care of black kitties!
If you would like to nominate a kitty, please reblog with a link, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to find a black cat to show us? Try https://www.petfinder.com/ !
<3 Thank you!
I have two very amazing black kitties, and one Tuxedo cat. I love my little fluffy fluffer balls <3
black cats are the ultimate goth pet too
adopt a black cat and reach the ultimate level of goth
Mommy teaching baby easier water drinking way because drinking water is hard experience u get it in your nose. Jesus how she puts her paw on his head in the second one. Such concern and love.
(Source: catleecious, via voaga)
15 Of The Most Empowering Things Emma Watson Has Ever Said